You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Songs printed in grey on ipod

If I have loaded songs into my itunes library on my PC from MY OWN cds, and then put my library on my iPod, why are some songs shown in grey and when I click on one, it says they are unavailable in my region? The songs are not in grey on my PC in iTunes.

Posted on Jun 4, 2022 11:32 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 6, 2022 12:58 PM

Try Edit > Preferences > Devices > Reset Sync History (if available) and then try syncing once more.

If that hasn't helped try signing out of the iTunes Store on the device and then try again.

Otherwise see this post on erratic syncing.

tt2

2 replies

Jun 5, 2022 12:54 PM in response to Swanklerbot

Thanks for reaching out, Swanklerbot.

It sounds like you're having some trouble playing some of your music content. We can help.

A great place to start is with the article Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music, in particular the following steps:

If you only want to sync your existing music library across all of your devices, and not any music from the Apple Music catalog, you can subscribe to iTunes Match on your computer. iTunes Match lets you access your music library on any Apple device or a PC with iTunes for Windows.

If you buy music from the iTunes Store, you can redownload your past music purchases on your Apple device or a PC with iTunes for Windows.

You can also manually sync music from your computer to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

Hope that helps.

Take care!

Songs printed in grey on ipod

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.