You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

not showing open windows

Hi ,

i am new in this apple eco system . i have got two system , one is MacBook air and MacMini . both loaded with latest M1 Chip .

i am having little issue here , in first image you can see that i have two windows open in finder and one window for brave browser near bin, first pic is from MacMini and in second image many programs open but not able to see those open windows near bin .

i remember that , was playing with preference and this happened with second screen but i have no idea how to turn it on . i tried a lot but could not find much reference on the web .

TL;DR

in first screen shot , there are windows for currently open programs near bin in right , but in second screen shot , there is no windows although many programs are running in background . i want that functionality back in second screenshot .

First screen shot is from MacMini and second screen shot is from MacBook .

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Feb 10, 2022 4:57 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 10, 2022 5:39 AM

Open System Preferences > Dock & Menu Bar then check the box next to "Show Recent Applications In Dock"

Similar questions

1 reply

not showing open windows

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.