You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch 7 doesn’t vibrate when texts come in

I just got my new Apple Watch series 7 and it will not vibrate when I have it silenced. The only way I know whether or not I got a text is if I open my phone. Any one else having this issue with their new watch?

I have turned it off and back on several times and have toggled everything lol.

Apple Watch Series 7, watchOS 8

Posted on Dec 3, 2021 6:57 AM

4 replies

Dec 4, 2021 9:18 AM in response to Dgaval20

Hello Dgaval20! Thank you for participating in the Apple Support Communities.

We understand that your Apple Watch isn’t providing Haptic Alerts when it should. We'd like to look into this with you to see how we can help. 

Great thinking to try the steps outlined in Set up your Apple Watch to resolve this issue. 

Apple provides the following resource to help with making sure your Apple Watch is set up to receive Haptic Alerts, under “How to manage Apple Watch Haptic Alerts”, here: Change the audio and notification settings on your Apple Watch

Make it a great day!

Dec 28, 2021 3:48 PM in response to Tracivega1

I am also having the same issue. My new 7 series apple watch is not longer vibrating when a text or call come in. The biggest issue is that it won't vibrate for my alarm. Any ideas? I haven't been able to do the latest update because it has to be on the charger at night and I wanted to wear it to track my sleep. Could this be the issue?

Apple Watch 7 doesn’t vibrate when texts come in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.