You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch 6 Message Haptic Not Working

Just bought the series 6 watch today - what do I have to do in order to have the watch vibrate when a message is received? My phone is locked and the watch won’t buzz. It buzzes when I receive a call, so I’m not sure what settings I need to use.

Apple Watch

Posted on Sep 12, 2021 5:26 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 13, 2021 12:07 PM

Total user error on my part. I was on the chat with Apple support and we were testing various options when I noticed my phone wasn’t even vibrating when messages came in. Turns out, vibrations were turned off. As soon as I turned that back on, everything worked as expected.

2 replies

Sep 13, 2021 11:31 AM in response to hargle

Hey there hargle,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We understand you’re not receiving a haptic alert from your Apple Watch when a message comes in. We’ll be happy to help.

Take a look at the info under “Manage notifications” from this article for ways to customize your notifications and more. This could lead to a resolution:

Notifications on your Apple Watch

Take care.

Apple Watch 6 Message Haptic Not Working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.