You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

The new iPad mini is available today. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

set up i pad

I have an i phone 11, i pad 6th generation using same apple id. I have now purchased an i pad mini 6. I wanted to set it up manually but use the same apple id. However it asks for previous passcode which i have. However when i put the passcode in it accepts it but then my i phone and other i pad also ask for a passcode. When it accepts it on one device the other keeps asking for it. Is there a way around this it seems like i am in a continous cycle of putting passcodes in and it still asking.

iPad, iPadOS 15

Posted on Oct 10, 2021 9:40 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2021 10:04 AM

I’m not entirely clear in what’s prompting for a passcode…

Setting up a new device can ask for a two-factor verification code, and a request for that will be shown on other devices.

It’s also possible you’re being prompted for iCloud Keychain setup: Set up iCloud Keychain - Apple Support

If that’s not it… Restart everything, and try again.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 10, 2021 10:04 AM in response to kipper1234

I’m not entirely clear in what’s prompting for a passcode…

Setting up a new device can ask for a two-factor verification code, and a request for that will be shown on other devices.

It’s also possible you’re being prompted for iCloud Keychain setup: Set up iCloud Keychain - Apple Support

If that’s not it… Restart everything, and try again.

Oct 10, 2021 10:11 AM in response to MrHoffman

Thank you for reply, i received the two step code on my other devices so i know it is not that, it is also not the keychain. It justs asks on my 2 other devices for a previous passcode which i have but when i put it in it then asks for the same passcode on all devices. I have now reset the new i pad in line with the others which i did not want to do as i wanted my photos not to transfer.

set up i pad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.