You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How Do I Get One iPad to Stop Asking For Passcode Of Another iPad On THe Same Account?

I used the backup of an older iPad to Update a newer iPad. Old iPad keeps asking for passcode of the newer iPad. When I enter the passcode of the new iPad into the older iPad, it keeps saying its wrong. ITS NOT WRONG, OTHERWISE HOW TF AM I ABLE TO GET INTO THE NEW IPAD.

NOW BOTH IPAD'S ARE TELLING ME I NEED TO UPDATE ID SETTINGS. IN BOTH OF THEM, IT SAYS THE PASSCODES ARE WRONG.

WILL REMOVING THE NEWER IPAD FROM THE ACCOUNT MAKE THE OLDER IPAD STOP ASKING FOR THE PASSCODE!!!!!!!??????

Posted on Oct 9, 2022 5:27 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2022 5:32 PM

If you see an option to reset encrypted data, several people have posted that they did that and lost little to no data.

3 replies

How Do I Get One iPad to Stop Asking For Passcode Of Another iPad On THe Same Account?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.