You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stopping " from being an accent modifier

Hey,

I have a new macbook pro using English/Norwegian inputs on a Norwegian physical keyboard layout. Every time I use the character " in both English & Norwegian it waits for the next key to figure out whether I'm using it for adding accents, and I want to stop that behavior. Any suggestions welcome.

Thank you.

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Sep 14, 2020 6:12 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 14, 2020 7:28 AM

It sounds like you have the input source called "US International PC" activated by mistake. Go to system preferences > keyboard > input sources and remove that one from your list. Instead use US or ABC. (US international pc is a special layout intended for some former Windows users who like the behavior which is causing problems for you).

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 14, 2020 7:28 AM in response to audVOCI

It sounds like you have the input source called "US International PC" activated by mistake. Go to system preferences > keyboard > input sources and remove that one from your list. Instead use US or ABC. (US international pc is a special layout intended for some former Windows users who like the behavior which is causing problems for you).

Stopping " from being an accent modifier

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.