You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Masking with Keyframes - shifting entire mask without changing mask placement in previous frames

Good evening,

When I'm masking in keyframes, I've noticed that when I shift the entire mask in each frame, the mask is also shifted in previous frames which I don't want. up to this point I've just been moving each individual point to match exactly where I want them, but I'm working on something that's almost 100 frames. is there anyway to disable this "predictive" movement, and be able to shift the entire the mask in one frame, and it not effect any other frame?

Thank you so much for your help in advance,

Tym.

Posted on Jul 2, 2020 8:36 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2020 12:42 AM

When dragging a mask, you are affecting not the control points directly, but the the position of the mask itself.

You need to set a keyframe on the "Transforms" for this to work.

Twirl down the disclosure triangle next to "Transforms":

Add a keyframe for Position.

Now every time you drag the mask, a new keyframe will be added automatically, as expected.

Notice how between these two images, there is no change in the control points, but the position of the mask:

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 3, 2020 12:42 AM in response to Tymbo

When dragging a mask, you are affecting not the control points directly, but the the position of the mask itself.

You need to set a keyframe on the "Transforms" for this to work.

Twirl down the disclosure triangle next to "Transforms":

Add a keyframe for Position.

Now every time you drag the mask, a new keyframe will be added automatically, as expected.

Notice how between these two images, there is no change in the control points, but the position of the mask:

Masking with Keyframes - shifting entire mask without changing mask placement in previous frames

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.