You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to use ECG function with an Apple Watch in Australia?

I read this thread:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250477258?page=2

And I gathered the following:

1- If you buy an Apple Watch in Australia you will not get the ECG option

2- If you buy an Apple Watch anywhere in the world and register with AppleID in Australia, you will not get the ECG option

My questions:

1- If I buy the Apple Watch in Australia and register it with a USA account, will the ECG option work?

2- (assuming question 1 is NO) - If I buy the Apple Watch in America, register it with an American Apple ID and use it in Australia, will the ECG option work?

Thanks!

Posted on May 21, 2020 5:49 PM

11 replies

May 21, 2020 6:03 PM in response to csaborio

If you wait, you will get a response from an Apple rep providing you additional information and a link to Apple regarding the ECG. You will find that delays are due to government issues, and the government health authorities have not approved the device as a medical device. That is what is holding up the changes. The release of watchOS6.2.5 and iOS 13.5 just brought it to another country, so it moves, slow but sure. Government bureaucracy, that is how it works.

May 21, 2020 6:07 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

Thanks Chris, that explains a lot. It is indeed government bureaucracy at its finest. This device, in one way or another, makes people look after their health a lot more seriously.

Countries want healthy individuals for a myriad reasons!

Oh well, we always lag behind NZ in every aspect, so hopefully we'll play catch-up with them in this area.

How to use ECG function with an Apple Watch in Australia?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.