You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a recently purchased Canon Mark II 6D, with EOS3 imprt software with Catalina and the Mac cant read the camera via Canon factory USB cable

Canon is saying there is an issue with the Mac OS operating system the latest Catalina upgrade. I am using a brand new Canon Mark II 6D camera with Canon's EOS 3 utility and Canon USB cable, the camera shows a computer picture but the Mac says it cant communicate with the camera. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the App. No success. Any engineers have any ideas?

Thanks

MacBook Air 11", 10.15

Posted on Jan 11, 2020 11:35 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2020 1:17 PM

Another idea: why not simply take out the memory card from the camera and either use a USB card reader or the one on your Mac (if yours has one)? Much easier than dealing with trying to tether the camera. And, doing it this way will result in the card reader/card icon showing up on your desktop where you can open it and view the pics right there or import them into a photo editing app. You would not need the Canon software at all.

Similar questions

8 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 11, 2020 1:17 PM in response to Rhododenderon

Another idea: why not simply take out the memory card from the camera and either use a USB card reader or the one on your Mac (if yours has one)? Much easier than dealing with trying to tether the camera. And, doing it this way will result in the card reader/card icon showing up on your desktop where you can open it and view the pics right there or import them into a photo editing app. You would not need the Canon software at all.

Jan 11, 2020 11:50 AM in response to Rhododenderon

Apple product teams and engineers are not here — just fellow users. Apple supports the EOS 6D Mk II with camera raw support in Catalina. That puts the problem back in Canon's lap with that EOS 3 utility, or a damaged USB cable.

Is there a current update for the EOS 3 utility software on the Canon site? Do you have access to another Mac running Catalina 10.15.2 to test if you can read and import the image on that hardware?

Jan 22, 2020 11:24 AM in response to Alienoty

As I said, the easy way is to take out the camera card and use a USB card reader. You do not need the camera, nor do you need their software. Canon is known to be excruciatingly slow updating their software after OS updates. You can simply insert the card reader; its icon should show on the desktop (make sure you have your Finder preferences set to show external disks); open that and you can choose to view them, import them to any photo editing app, or whatever.

I have a recently purchased Canon Mark II 6D, with EOS3 imprt software with Catalina and the Mac cant read the camera via Canon factory USB cable

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.