You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac (Retina 5k, 27 inch, 2019) Catalina 10.15.7 doesn't recognise canon 5D mkii (tethering & photo import)

Up until this morning I was able to both tether my camera(EOS Utility) and import photos (Lightroom)

half way through my tethered shoot the tethering stopped working (stating busy)

upon trying to reconnect I found that the Canon did not appear to be connected at all, either in EOS Utility, Lightroom or Finder.

I was using EOS Utility 2 after the issues updated to 3,

Lightroom Classic v9.4 again after issues updated to v10

The updates have made no difference.

I have also bought a new cable in case this was the issue. No change. Still can't see the Canon.

No program recognises my Canon 5D MKii camera. Which makes me think it is either the camera or the Mac. The camera firmware is updated as it can be. 

I have bought a card reader to import the photos (and done so successfully) But I will need to do tethered shoots in future and would like to resolve this issue.

Any help would be appreciated.

Kat

Posted on Oct 27, 2020 2:10 AM

6 replies

Oct 29, 2020 1:01 AM in response to rkaufmann87

Thankyou Keith Barkley & rkaufmann87

So today, i've had the chance to plug in my camera again. I opened image capture and using my new cable (again) I plugged into the mac and the camera then turn on the camera then you wouldn't believe it. EOS utility and lightroom classic both instantly opened up and showed that they were connected to my camera.

Bizzare. I'm assuming that since my imac is now recognising my camera I should be able to have tethered shooting. I will try this out in a couple of weeks. right now I have to get back to my assignment.

Thanks again for your prompt responses. :)

iMac (Retina 5k, 27 inch, 2019) Catalina 10.15.7 doesn't recognise canon 5D mkii (tethering & photo import)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.