You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My canon eos 6d is not recognized by my Mac.

Does OS Catalina support connecting a Canon EOS 6D to a mac desktop? My Mac previously would recognize the camera so that I could download photos. Now the Mac does not see the canon camera. I am using the Canon provided USB cable. I am running Catalina 10.15.5. My desktop is Mac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014).

Current Pro Desktops

Posted on Jul 19, 2020 3:12 PM

9 replies

Jul 20, 2020 2:17 PM in response to rkaufmann87

No. I am importing directly into Photos. I use the same process for my Canon EOS20D and my Canon EOS6D. I connect the camera with a USB cable directly to the Mac. The Photos app automatically opens and I have the option to review, import or delete photos on the camera. If I select import the images are transferred from the camera memory card to the Mac. The EOS20D process works. The EOS6D does not. It used to work but stopped and I am getting no error message. The camera does not show up in the Photos app as an option for image importing.

Jul 20, 2020 2:29 PM in response to DevilDog0302

Got it, my process is I insert the SD card from my camera (happens to be Nikon DSLR) and open the Photo's app, then I select import and navigate to the card to selected the pictures I want to import. Sometimes, I will use also do the following:

Insert the SD card into the iMac slot, open a Finder window to preview the photos and once I have identified the ones I want in Photos, I simply drag them to the Photos app.

My canon eos 6d is not recognized by my Mac.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.