You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Matched file error

I've got a single file that matched. I removed download to delete the original, downloaded it, moved it to my music directory, deleted from the iTunes library and re-added it when it was in the new location.

It gives an error and is unavailable on my devices.

All 13,500 of the other matched files I have are available.

I've tried signing in and out, creating a new iTunes library, deleting the genius database, and re-matching everything, just for this one file. It doesn't work. Again, it's Matched, and it won't even upload (which for some reason happened to nearly 5,000 of my songs that are Matched AAC and uploaded.)

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Posted on Aug 1, 2019 7:00 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 1, 2019 1:35 PM

See About iCloud Music Library icons and status - Apple Support. What error do you have? Reading between the lines you may have broken the original entry in the library and attempted to add a duplicate which won't match or upload, because it is a duplicate.

tt2

Similar questions

3 replies

Matched file error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.