You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Match inconsistencies

In iTunes I see that some of my files have "Matched AAC Audio File" as Kind and "Uploaded" as the iCloud Status. This seems to be somewhat contradictory. Any ideas how to "fix" this and have it reflect as matched? It seems the file had to be found in the iTunes library or it wouldn't have got the "Matched" in Kind.

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Jul 15, 2020 2:13 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 15, 2020 11:39 PM

When iCloud Music Library scans your music those items that can be matched with existing content in the iTunes Store will get the status Matched, content that is unique to your library and eligible for iCloud Music Library will be uploaded. I guess If you later remove your local download and subsequently download the copy from iCloud Music Library, or download to a different computer, then its kind becomes Matched AAC Audio File rather than its original format.

tt2

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 15, 2020 11:39 PM in response to Bonorebono

When iCloud Music Library scans your music those items that can be matched with existing content in the iTunes Store will get the status Matched, content that is unique to your library and eligible for iCloud Music Library will be uploaded. I guess If you later remove your local download and subsequently download the copy from iCloud Music Library, or download to a different computer, then its kind becomes Matched AAC Audio File rather than its original format.

tt2

iTunes Match inconsistencies

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.