You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Deleting files in app pages

Hello, Pages,

why do you keep deleting my files?? If I don’t open them for 2 days, they automatically get deleted. You deleted the project I’ve been working on for a month, and I need to present it tomorrow. What is this irresponsibility? Give it back to me by tomorrow. I need to present my project tomorrow.

https://www.icloud.com/pages/0c2Z5_kRDSkFVqqRc3Z428zxw#Essay

Posted on Oct 19, 2024 3:01 AM

1 reply

Oct 19, 2024 4:06 AM in response to Aruzhann

If you fail to manually save your Pages content at least once, then Pages does not autosave your work, and quitting Pages will lose that content and any temporary files. Any documents that you create in a macOS guest account will be removed when you sign out of that account. This is by design.

Otherwise, a properly saved document in a regular user account on macOS or iCloud Drive will not be automatically removed after an arbitrary timeframe. However, Pages will continue to save documents to the same folder location until the user changes that location, and not remembering that folder location could give the impression that the files have been magically deleted.

No Apple employees participate in these public user-supported communities, nor will they read your post. As fellow users, we are not employed by Apple and determine our participation time, not based on user urgency.

If you were using Apple's Time Machine to back up your work to an external drive, you might have already recovered any "lost" files by now.

Deleting files in app pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.