You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Pair iTunes Remote with Music library on iMac

Because of another issue I reset the network settings on my iPhone 12 Pro Max. Now I can no longer control my music library. I have tried ALL the recommended steps. I have entered the 4-digit code which gave me a message that the two were now paired but when I go to my iPhone the half-note music symbol is greyed out and it does not show the name of my music library. 27" iMac quad core, OS Ventura 13.6.9 (I am in the process of updating to 13.7 which might fix things, but I'm not optimistic.

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on Oct 11, 2024 6:12 PM

2 replies

Oct 16, 2024 12:00 PM in response to Cary Wolfson

I had the same problem - the Apple Music User Guide says to click the Remote button below Devices in the sidebar - well, there IS no Devices in the side bar. I was formerly set up on my phone to use it as a remote with my main computer that has all my music on it, but it was greyed out so I disconnected all and have been unable to reconnect. I reinstalled the remote app, I am reading all the forums, nothing. I did find where to turn on Home Sharing (nowhere close to where the help guides say to) and did that, so it's not a Home Sharing issue. I am signed in as my user name, on the same wireless network, it is literally that they ruined iTunes with Apple Music and I hate it so much. But it is still better than WMP. But the instructions DO NOT ADDRESS REALITY.

Pair iTunes Remote with Music library on iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.