You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Multiple windows drive icons when starting with alt: sadly the default one is failing

I'm fed up with being always force to press the alt button when I want to start windows while it should be my default OS.

The default one leads to a black screen. The other one start Windows 10 in bios mode with no trouble.

As far as I read, I suppose it's a problem with the files on the EFI boot partition. But I never managed to correct it.

From Mac, I can mount and see both partition EFI & Bootcamp. From Windows I don't manage to mount /dev/disk0s1 with diskpart (no filesystem) and I'm not sure anyway what commands I should use.

My iMac is late 2013 with a GeForce GT750M, said to have better 3D support in Windows when started in BIOS mode.

It used to work normaly before I moved the BOOTCAMP partition. Then with gdsik I cleaned my partition, and with a USB windows I corrected the boot trouble leading to this second drive icon: Nice to boot again, but a bit boring with time.

Regards,

Earlier Mac models

Posted on Oct 8, 2024 1:05 PM

There are no replies.

Multiple windows drive icons when starting with alt: sadly the default one is failing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.