You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bootcamp boot screen

Hi Guys,

I have installed Win10 on my MacBook air 2017 (A1466, intel i5, ssd 500gb), using the bootcamp assistant, i have downloaded an ISO image of Windows 10 from Microsoft website and saved into download folder, I'm running the latest version of Monterey, bootcamp identified the ISO location automatically and load the image, then and ask me to create partitions, so i have made two equal partitions and launch the installation; everything went well, i have tested both systems and all working correctly in normal operation. However the only weird thing i have notice is when i turn on the Mac by holding Alt+power to go in the booting screen, i have 3 drives to choose from rather than 2, one for MacOs, one for Win10 and the third one if selected will go again to launch the windows 10 installation; same like if you have an external drive mounted on usb with an ISO image ready to be booted. As far as i know i should not see this 3rd option, i should only see the 2 OS upon booting screen. I don't have any other drive or partition mounted and i also deleted the ISO image from the download folder. Anyone have a solution?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.7

Posted on Aug 14, 2024 6:04 AM

1 reply

Bootcamp boot screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.