You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Unable to sync new songs to the Cloud Music Library.

With either the most recent IOS update (18) or apple music version, I'm unable to upload new songs to the cloud. I have narrowed down some issues:

• Restarting both devices and the home WIFI doesn't help.
  • Turning off and on Sync on my PC and phone hasn't helped.
  • Reinstalling Apple Music on both devices hasn't helped.
  • Cloud space isn't an issue, I have 175/200GB free.
  • Old songs that I've had before the most recent IOS are still synced.

Only thing I haven't tried yet is rolling back my phone to IOS 17, and the Apple Music app to a previous version, as I've seen a bunch of vids on YouTube saying that IOS 18 has been a real bad launch with a ton of bugs and such.

All the new songs I have added go through the normal "sync" process on the activity monitor, but when I look at the songs in the Songs tab on the sidebar, all the new songs immediately go to "Error" as soon as they finish "syncing."

I've tested syncing manually with the Apple Devices app for PC, most all the songs sync except for the ones I have newly added. I get an error along the lines of "This song could not be added to your device because the original file was not found." Not entirely sure how that's possible because Apple Music picks up the files fine locally, and I can hit "Find in Explorer" to go directly to the file.

Calling Apple Support wasn't much help, all they had done was ask a ton of questions (summarized above) and then said "We'll forward this issue to our engineering team and get back to you as soon as possible." I've only seen one other person ask about this on here (and their question was posted yesterday) so I hope we can get some help soon.

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Oct 6, 2024 8:08 AM

There are no replies.

Unable to sync new songs to the Cloud Music Library.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.