You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

I can't sync new songs to icloud anymore.

2024/10/06 I open Apple Music Windows App,and version is 1.5.0.152 (1.1280.38913.0)

As usual, I added music that was not in Apple Music to the library locally. In the past few days, I could still see and play to it on other devices (iPhone 13, iPad Air 6) after synchronizing the library. But starting today, I can only see the cover, title, lyrics and other information of the song on my other devices, but the song title turns gray (with a cloud with an X symbol). When I want to play it, The system keeps asking me to synchronize the database on the PC, but I have synchronized several times and still cannot play the songs I added on devices other than the PC (only the PC can play). I've tried re-downloading the PC, iPhone, and iPad, and re-logged in to Apple Music on all devices, but the problem still hasn't been solved.

Windows, Windows 10 (19045)

Posted on Oct 5, 2024 3:04 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2024 7:54 AM

I don't get anything about a synchronization of database error but my issue is similar. I haven't been able to sync anything new to the cloud library as of yet. I have a ton of songs that were uploaded fine previously, however recently I go to upload them and they "seem" to upload in the Activity window, but when I go to either the song details or Song list on the sidebar, every one of them is listed as "Error." They're all MP3 files, so file type and size aren't an issue.

It'd be great if we could get some help on this. I'm tempted to roll back my phone to ios.17 and roll back Apple Music to a previous version.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 6, 2024 7:54 AM in response to 宇恆

I don't get anything about a synchronization of database error but my issue is similar. I haven't been able to sync anything new to the cloud library as of yet. I have a ton of songs that were uploaded fine previously, however recently I go to upload them and they "seem" to upload in the Activity window, but when I go to either the song details or Song list on the sidebar, every one of them is listed as "Error." They're all MP3 files, so file type and size aren't an issue.

It'd be great if we could get some help on this. I'm tempted to roll back my phone to ios.17 and roll back Apple Music to a previous version.

Oct 7, 2024 6:10 AM in response to 宇恆

Who knows how long it’ll be before they fix it? In addition to those problems, on my system it thinks my entire library was purchased on December 31, 1903 at 6pm, when 2/3 of my library is either downloaded for free or vinyl rips. It seems to be syncing some things, as long as they’re MP3s and only things it can match in Apple Music. It especially doesn’t like Apple Lossless tracks and AAC encoded in foobar 2000, and it didn’t seem to have issues until after the October 2nd update.

Oct 6, 2024 8:15 AM in response to Beale_

I got "This song is not synced across your devices. On your Mac or PC, go to Apple Music or iTunes for Windows and in Settings, select Sync Library." error message by press that "UnSync" song.

I think it might be a problem with Apple Music Windows Ver.

But I don’t have a MacBook, and I haven’t had the opportunity to operate the Mac version of Apple Music, so I’m not sure. As an aside, I went to the local Apple Store today and used the demo MacBook to operate it, and still couldn’t synchronize successfully. However, this result is not accurate. Maybe the demo MacBook does not provide synchronization function.

I think is Apple Music Windows Ver.'s problem because I uploaded a large number of local audio files a few days ago, and the synchronization function was still effective at that time.And at that time, my all device are updated to IOS18 and IpadOS 18.But I am not care Apple Music Windows Ver. update news,so I even didn't know it update or not.

Oct 7, 2024 6:54 PM in response to 宇恆

The basic syncing issue is happening to me too. It started on Sunday, Oct. 6 just suddenly without provocation. On my PC the app's "Sync library" setting won't stay on. When switched on, a message appears "Genius results can't be updated right now. An internal server error has occurred." I'm assuming this is a defect in the software and possibly the server at Apple. Nobody on the phone at Apple could help me today. There's no apparent issue with the app on the iPhone, which continues syncing with my library, even showing (but not playing) the grayed out songs that my PC's app won't allow to sync. I don't know which app version is on my PC, but it's likely some very new flaky update.

I can't sync new songs to icloud anymore.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.