You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Bootcamp issues "This version of bootcamp is not suitable for this computer"

Whenever I try to use bootcamp becase I cant find it in taskbar I cannot find it. I used apple software update to download the newest versions of bootcamp however it is still refusing to respond/ I get a message saying "This version of bootcamp is not suitable for this computer" all the times I try. I dont know what to do, any help would be greatly appreciated.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 14.5

Posted on Sep 27, 2024 7:02 PM

4 replies

Sep 28, 2024 9:24 AM in response to PhillipzcousinBob

I don't use Windows Bootcamp so I'm not familiar with the way you can switch back to macOS through Windows.

You can Option Boot the laptop to access the Mac's Apple boot picker menu where you can select the macOS boot volume. Press & hold the Option key immediately after hearing the startup chime.

If you modified the drive layout or partitions since using Windows Bootcamp or used any Windows based drive repair tools, then you may have broken things and need to start completely over.

Bootcamp issues "This version of bootcamp is not suitable for this computer"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.