You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Remote control request button no longer showing up during facetime screenshare

When first testing out the remote control feature of iOS 18, I was able to request control of an iPhone 15 during a FaceTime call when their screen was shared. After changing system language during remote control, the video of the shared screen became frozen and zoomed in so I started a new FaceTime call session. This time I noticed that the request remote control option was no longer present and only the zoom in option was. Additionally, drawing and tapping during screen share does not show up on the other device.

Has anyone else faced this issue or know a solution for this?

I have restarted the other device which did not resolve the issue and even tried it in reverse and they did not have the option to request remote control for my device.

iPhone 14 Pro Max, iOS 18

Posted on Sep 20, 2024 9:26 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2024 11:09 PM

Update: I checked again a few days later and the request remote control button is there again ... and taps and drawings show up on the other phone too.

No idea what the fix is besides apple magic

1 reply

Remote control request button no longer showing up during facetime screenshare

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.