You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Microsoft Office Home & Student 2021 on Macbook

Hi

Microsoft Office Home & Student 2021 is installed on my Mac Book.

I also own an iPad Air + iPad Keyboard.

1. If I set-up my iPad to 'mirror' my Mac Book (rather than to 'mirror' my phone) can I then use the same Office Home & Student 2021 Purchase on the iPad as well as on the Macbook?

2. Would attempting that result in the iPad 'Mirror' being 'read only', or could I 'read & write' to my Office Docs?

Have looked on the Microsoft Website but cannot find an answer, nor any option to ask a Microsoft Agent these questions.

Thanks 'in advance' for any reply (as I may be unable to respond for a while).

Appreciate any thoughts that are forthcoming.

iPad Air (4th generation)

Posted on Aug 30, 2024 2:36 AM

3 replies

Sep 7, 2024 12:25 AM in response to clickfix

Using Sidecar with your MacBook might let you use the iPad as a second screen, for working on Office documents stored on your Mac. But you would be running the Office programs on the Mac, and accessing files on the Mac. It would not give you access to the iPad Word/Excel/PowerPoint apps.

Microsoft has Word, Excel, and PowerPoint apps for iPads and iPhones. It looks like Office Home & Student 2021 doesn't include access to them. You would need to take out a Microsoft 365 subscription.

Microsoft – Compare Microsoft 365 with Office

Microsoft has online versions of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint that run in a Web browser. You would obviously need an Internet connection whenever you wanted to run these.

Microsoft – Use Microsoft 365 apps for free on the web

Sep 7, 2024 12:32 AM in response to clickfix

From the App Store description for the Microsoft Word app:

"To create or edit documents, sign in with a free Microsoft account on devices with a screen size smaller than 10.1 inches. Unlock the full Microsoft Office experience with a qualifying Microsoft 365 subscription for your phone, tablet, PC, and Mac."

The iPad Air (4th generation) has a 10.9 inch screen.

Microsoft Office Home & Student 2021 on Macbook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.