You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error 7506 when downloading music using Apple Music on Windows

I just made the jump from iTunes to Apple Music on a Windows 11 system. I'm an Apple Music subscriber so I logged in, made some settings changes and am getting a message at the bottom of the window "err = 7506". I've done the same thing on my work pc without issues.

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Mar 10, 2024 4:33 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 6, 2024 12:45 PM

I just tried. Didn't work. Now it's a err = 7513

4 replies

Apr 4, 2024 2:06 AM in response to nsouza

I was able to solve the problem!

I had the exact same issue. I couldn't even play songs that weren't already downloaded.

New songs from the online Apple Music library started loading and immediately cancelled without playing.

Apple support is informed and they investigate in the issue.

However I found a solution on my own (it is not a VPN problem like Apple support suggests).

The cause of the problem seems to be when you previously used iTunes.

Apple Music goes through all songs that you've dragged into iTunes and tries to find the corresponding song in the online Apple Music library. This process breaks the entire Apple Music app in my case (even after it has completed).

I resolved the issue by:

1. Deleting my entire media library in Apple Music.
  2. Reinstalling Apple Music again (important, otherwise it won't work).

No I can play any song, download them, etc. without any problem.

Error 7506 when downloading music using Apple Music on Windows

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.