You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro battery dies when sleeping after charging to a full battery.

I have only used my MacBook Pro sparsely in the past two weeks. Both times, the computer was dead so I fully charged it to 100%. After maybe ten minutes of usage, I put it down. A few days later, when I open my computer, the MacBook was completely out of battery. This is despite having no applications running (supposedly) and in sleep mode with the lid down. What is causing my battery to die while sleeping? I checked the battery health and it reported: "normal". It is rather annoying having to boot up my MacBook with a charger every time I want to use it. What can I do to fix this issue?

MacBook Pro (2017 – 2020)

Posted on Mar 4, 2024 3:25 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Mar 5, 2024 7:02 PM in response to pip3s

Anti-virus apps, cleaning/optimizer apps, and third party security software are the usual culprits since these types of apps interfere with the normal operation of macOS.

Cloud based file syncing services such as iCloud are also a common cause as well.

Why not connect the charger so the battery will be fully charged when you need it next time?

Edit: If it wasn't clear, you should uninstall those apps I listed since they are not needed on a Mac and they cause more problems than they solve.

MacBook Pro battery dies when sleeping after charging to a full battery.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.