You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Setting Title Name to a user-entered text value

I'm assuming this question is pedantic and I'm just missing something obvious, but under the published parameters of this asset I see "Name" and it's been set to "Lower Thirds". I've seen in other elements this name dynamically changes when the text value of the element itself is changed by the editor.

For instance, a text template is originally named "Text Template" and then when the editor changes the actual text to "Hello World" the name of the asset is dynamically changed too.

How is that accomplished within motion?

Posted on Jan 26, 2024 8:58 AM

2 replies

Jan 30, 2024 5:30 AM in response to jaman161

Hi

Can you please provide screen shots so that we get a visual reference of the problem you are describing?

I sounds to me like you are talking about the way a text layer updates the name to match the text entered in the text field, but then, after a while, or for new text layers, this stops working. Is this the situation you are describing?

What to you mean by 'text template' ...do you mean a text layer?

If it is the topic I think it is,..then in my experience, it is just a function in Motion that works properly sometimes and then at other times it doesn't. I have never found a way to add a text layer and then use a specific process to ensure the text layer name continues to update properly according to the text field, it just stops working at some stage, or it keeps working...it has always seemed to be a bug, and if it is user error, it never mattered to figure it out, because it is not an impediment at all to building a graphic or template for FCP.

Setting Title Name to a user-entered text value

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.