You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sonoma 14.2.1 printing issue

Hello, after I upgraded my Macbook air 15" to the latest version of sonoma 14.2.1 I can't access anymore my two printers (epson and Hp). The are shown in the list but they do not respond. I did the print reset procedure the Apple suggest, but now I don't have anymore printers installed and ther is no way to install them again, even using the specific easy softwar downloaded from HP. If I print from my iphone, the printers respond promptly.

I read that many users hav this bug...how can I solve??

Reboot, firmware upgrade and reset printer procedure (ctrl+click) alrady tried.

Posted on Jan 9, 2024 7:10 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2024 12:40 PM

I have spent most of the afternoon attempting to print all sorts of documents (pdf & pages), but all I get are blank pages. Curiously, I am able to print photos with no problem. I am using a Brother MFC J4335DW. Their support told me that it is an issue with my computer. As the problem just began after installing Sonoma 14.2.1, I believe they could be correct. Has anyone found a solution to the problem?

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 18, 2024 12:40 PM in response to riccardo039

I have spent most of the afternoon attempting to print all sorts of documents (pdf & pages), but all I get are blank pages. Curiously, I am able to print photos with no problem. I am using a Brother MFC J4335DW. Their support told me that it is an issue with my computer. As the problem just began after installing Sonoma 14.2.1, I believe they could be correct. Has anyone found a solution to the problem?

Jan 31, 2024 1:22 PM in response to riccardo039

Similar type issue here. Running Sonoma 14.1.2 I have two printers on our WiFi network. Both are connected but keep showing as "offline" even though I know they're still on the network (they receive firmware updates without a hitch while AirPrint sees them as "offline"). If I restart the printers, AirPrint will show them as available for a while, but if the printer or my MacBook goes to sleep, they show as Offline. I've also tried shutting everything down, rebooting my router and WiFi, then the printers, then the MacBook. That works for a few minutes, then back to unavailable printers. Have never had an issue like this in years of using AirPrint.

Feb 19, 2024 1:36 PM in response to riccardo039

Not a solution, but this may answer your question. See This article:

https://eclecticlight.co/2023/09/25/postscripts-sudden-death-in-sonoma/

Acrobat cannot print a Postscript file to a non-postscript printer, and Sonoma does not recognize my Xerox printer as being a Postscript printer (which it is). I installed the Generic Postscript Printer driver instead of the Xerox driver, and now everything is working.

If you don't have a Postscript printer the only two choices you seem to have are:

1. After selecting print, click the Advanced tab and check "Print as image."
  2. Use the macOS Preview application.

I'm sure Apple and/or Adobe will fix the problem soon. (sarcasm)

Sonoma 14.2.1 printing issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.