You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

warning message

I have gotten a warning "InitialProgramfld" will damage your computer, previously I would click show in finder then put file in trash and empty, now I have gotten it again but it will not do anything when I click 'show in finder' and when I click ok it just pops back up. Any suggestions?

iMac 27″, 12.1

Posted on Dec 8, 2023 4:04 PM

4 replies

Dec 11, 2023 3:47 PM in response to CABfixit

First, start your Mac in "Safe Mode": How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support. Starting in Safe Mode takes longer than usual so let it finish.

While in that mode, drag all the files in those three folders to the Trash except those with the following in their names:

Google

Zoom

Those are ok. Leave them in place. When you are finished those are the only files that should remain in those folders.

Then, restart your Mac normally and confirm the alert messages cease to appear.

warning message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.