You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

USB microphone and headphones with iPad pro

Hello ! I have an iPad Pro (2018) that I want to connect to my audio recording setup: a usb microphone (I use an USB-C cable) and headphones with a mini jack connector.

Alone, the microphone works perfectly with my iPad, but it doesn’t allow me to connect my headphones simultaneously.

I tried two adapters, the latest from Belkin https://www.belkin.com/3.5-mm-audio-charge-rockstar/P-F8J212.html

The microphone works well but my iPad doesn’t recognize the microphone.

What can I do to listen to the songs I’m recording?

iPad Pro (3rd generation)

Posted on Dec 2, 2023 4:59 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 2, 2023 5:17 AM

The Belkin adapter is designed to allow simultaneous connection of headphones and a power-source (such as your iPad's Power Adapter); it cannot be used to simultaneously connect headphones and other USB devices.

If your iPad has a USB-C port, you add multiple additional interfaces with a single adapter or USB Hub - where this was not previously possible with Lightning. 

There are many USB Hubs that have a USB-C connection for iPad plus a USB-C PD (Power Delivery) pass-through power connector to which you can connect your USB-C Power Adapter - along with the hub itself incorporating a combination of additional USB-C ports, USB 2.0/3.1 Type-A ports, Ethernet LAN, HDMI, VGA, SD and microSD card-readers - in in some cases, a 3.5mm analog audio/headphone jack.

Perhaps consider Kingston, Anker, Hyperdrive and Satechi - although there are many others from which to choose. A Google Search for USB-C Hubs compatible with iPad will find a number of articles and recommendations. 

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 2, 2023 5:17 AM in response to Verpaalen

The Belkin adapter is designed to allow simultaneous connection of headphones and a power-source (such as your iPad's Power Adapter); it cannot be used to simultaneously connect headphones and other USB devices.

If your iPad has a USB-C port, you add multiple additional interfaces with a single adapter or USB Hub - where this was not previously possible with Lightning. 

There are many USB Hubs that have a USB-C connection for iPad plus a USB-C PD (Power Delivery) pass-through power connector to which you can connect your USB-C Power Adapter - along with the hub itself incorporating a combination of additional USB-C ports, USB 2.0/3.1 Type-A ports, Ethernet LAN, HDMI, VGA, SD and microSD card-readers - in in some cases, a 3.5mm analog audio/headphone jack.

Perhaps consider Kingston, Anker, Hyperdrive and Satechi - although there are many others from which to choose. A Google Search for USB-C Hubs compatible with iPad will find a number of articles and recommendations. 

USB microphone and headphones with iPad pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.