You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get rid of this popup notification?

I found the file mentioned and deleted it off the computer, but the notification keeps popping up about 10 seconds after I click the button. No matter what I click on the popup notification, 10 seconds later it pops back up.

MacBook Pro 13″

Posted on Nov 18, 2023 8:43 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 18, 2023 9:11 AM

This article addresses that advisory:

Safely open apps on your Mac - Apple Support

You should be able to click "Show in Finder" to show its location, then trash the file.

Odd files with "search" and "daemon" together are often adware that macOS intercepted. See my comments on adware in this related thread:

I have a window that says searchdaemon wi… - Apple Community

14 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 18, 2023 9:11 AM in response to alandavis03

This article addresses that advisory:

Safely open apps on your Mac - Apple Support

You should be able to click "Show in Finder" to show its location, then trash the file.

Odd files with "search" and "daemon" together are often adware that macOS intercepted. See my comments on adware in this related thread:

I have a window that says searchdaemon wi… - Apple Community

Nov 18, 2023 8:55 AM in response to alandavis03

Download EtreCheck and post the report here using the Additional Text option. It is a free app developed by a fellow contributor here that provides a snapshot of your system. The report does not contain any personal information. You do not have Malware, but there is a program that is providing that popup and once you remove that program your problem will be solved.

Using EtreCheck - Apple Community

Nov 18, 2023 9:11 AM in response to alandavis03

Restart computer and try again.

If that does not work, then post screen shot of these 3 folders:

~/Library/LaunchAgents

/Library/LaunchDaemons

/Library/LaunchAgents

To get to the folder, go to Finder > Go > Go to Folder, and copy and paste each location one at a time and provide that screenshot. Note, that the first location does start with the "~" character.

How do I get rid of this popup notification?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.