You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost years of music creation and production - can iCloud help me ?

I mistakingly used iCloud to store documents and desktop on 3 macs.

Recently needed to make room on my macbook which I don't use for music production - this is done on my main mac.

Very unfortunately, I had chosen to back up desktop and documents on iCloud on that macbook. But as system was slow to act (nothing done after an hour), I just wiped the content on the macbook. The last thing I would have expected was, it would also wipe on my mac mini!

This morning, launching Pro Tools, I realize I no longer have any of the several dozens of production projects available !! Can't see these neither on hard drive, nor on iCloud.

I just can't yet believe this. Just can't imagine there is no way I could claim that content. Just can't believe it's... gone! Does iCloud (paid monthly at high-price) have some kind of a backup to recover that stuff ?

Mac mini (2018)

Posted on Oct 15, 2023 7:18 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 15, 2023 8:34 AM

Try the following. Use an internet browser and log into www.icloud.com and then click on your username or photo (usually near the top left of the screen). On the following screen click "Data Recovery" near the top center of the screen.

1 reply

Lost years of music creation and production - can iCloud help me ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.