You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Watch Ultra 2 keeps locking itself

Just bought an Apple Watch Ultra 2 and it keeps locking itself whilst on my wrist, especially when I have a timer active. I've done everything that has been advised and Wrist Detection is ON. I'm using the same strap as I did on my previous Watch Ultra, so I know it's not to loose. Has anyone else experienced this?

Apple Watch Ultra 2

Posted on Oct 4, 2023 2:21 AM

6 replies

Oct 5, 2023 6:03 PM in response to jocoombs

Hello jocoombs,

We would like to see how we can help you with your Apple Watch locking unexpectedly. Which version of watchOS and iOS are you running on your devices? Go to Settings > General > About for the version. If you switch Wrist Detection off and then back on, does the issue persist? Check out this link for more information about your Apple Watch locking: Lock or unlock Apple Watch - Apple Support

"Lock automatically

By default, your Apple Watch locks automatically when you’re not wearing it. To change the wrist detection setting, do the following.

1. Open the Settings app  on your Apple Watch.
  2. Tap Passcode, then turn Wrist Detection on or off."

Cheers!

Watch Ultra 2 keeps locking itself

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.