You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Minimed Diabeties Apple watch 780G medtronic

medtronic have just announced that the MiniMed 780G system is now comparable with Apple Watch which is amazing. My question we have the Medtronic Care Link as well so we can see live the blood sugars. This requires his phone to be connected via Bluetooth to his pump. This then send signals via the phones cellular data so we can all monitor. However if he doesn’t have his phone the reading stop. If we get an Apple Watch cellular can we link the pump to that so his data will be sent to the care link app vi the watch rather than the phone??

Posted on Sep 29, 2023 3:46 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2024 5:10 AM

Your iPhone is connected with the Medtronic app only, not the Apple Watch itself ! The data on the Apple Watche is only mirrored !

You don’t connect the Apple Watch with the Medtronic App nor with Care Link.

So, without having the Apple Watch near to the iPhone or in the same WLAN, you won’t have any data appear on the Apple Watch.

Please note : It doesn’t matter if the Apple Watch is with or without Cellular.

I know this, because l‘m Type-1, too and own a Minimed 780 G4 and an Apple Watch

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 5, 2024 5:10 AM in response to Gavmos

Your iPhone is connected with the Medtronic app only, not the Apple Watch itself ! The data on the Apple Watche is only mirrored !

You don’t connect the Apple Watch with the Medtronic App nor with Care Link.

So, without having the Apple Watch near to the iPhone or in the same WLAN, you won’t have any data appear on the Apple Watch.

Please note : It doesn’t matter if the Apple Watch is with or without Cellular.

I know this, because l‘m Type-1, too and own a Minimed 780 G4 and an Apple Watch

Minimed Diabeties Apple watch 780G medtronic

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.