You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Mail cannot search mail, is not showing mail in any inboxes or "sent" mailbox

Hello,

I am running Ventura 13.0.1 on my 2022 MacBook Pro, and Apple Mail has become totally unusable.

Search by sender or recipient is no longer possible, and searches do not return any hits even when a message clearly matching the search term is present in the inbox or in one of my sorted mailboxes.

No e-mails appear in either the Exchange or iCloud inbox even when I can clearly see new mail using Outlook with the same accounts.

No e-mails appear in either the Exchange or iCloud "sent" mailbox, even when I just sent an e-mail using Mail and I can see it in the "sent" mailbox if I use Outlook.

I'm ready to abandon Apple Mail entirely, but unfortunately, I can't delete it from my laptop or my iPhone.

In my experience, it has steadily become a truly unreliable email client program.

Any ideas on how to restore functionality?

Thanks

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 13.0

Posted on Sep 18, 2023 6:41 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 18, 2023 8:46 AM

JRFinnerty wrote:

Hello,

I am running Ventura 13.0.1 on my 2022 MacBook Pro, and Apple Mail has become totally unusable.

Search by sender or recipient is no longer possible, and searches do not return any hits even when a message clearly matching the search term is present in the inbox or in one of my sorted mailboxes.

The current stable release of Ventura including bug fixes, security updates is macOS Ventura 13.5.2 —I would start there

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 18, 2023 8:46 AM in response to JRFinnerty

JRFinnerty wrote:

Hello,

The current stable release of Ventura including bug fixes, security updates is macOS Ventura 13.5.2 —I would start there

Apple Mail cannot search mail, is not showing mail in any inboxes or "sent" mailbox

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.