You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unlock Apple Watch SE from iPhone 11

The touch screen on the Apple Watch SE is not responding to touch. Guide me to activate the passcode from the phone in order to unlock the watch.

On my iPhone, I cannot access “unlock with iPhone”. It is redirecting me back to the Apple Watch to unlock first

iPhone 13, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 7, 2023 4:23 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 7, 2023 8:19 PM

Hi, and welcome to the Apple (user-to-user) Community!

Re: Unlock Apple Watch SE from iPhone 11: The touch screen on the Apple Watch SE is not responding to touch.

Guide me to activate the passcode from the phone in order to unlock the watch.

We do not know which WatchOS version is installed on the Watch SE in order to help:

See Apple support's article below, and choose the correct WatchOS version at the top (of article) for accurate info:

How to: Unlock your iPhone with Apple Watch - Apple Support

To pair a watch to an iPhone with iOS 16, the watch needs WatchOS 9 installed in order to be compatible:

Eg: How to: Update your Apple Watch - Apple Support (eg: You can likely update Watch with iPhone if needed.)

Trouble-shooting: "The touch screen on the Apple Watch SE is not responding to touch".

Wondering what was happening with the Watch when it stopped responding .... using an app / updating / etc

Eg: How to: Restart your Apple Watch - Apple Support

or

If the Watch is stuck on the Apple logo:

Apple Watch stuck on logo - Apple Support

or

What to do: If your Apple Watch won't charge or it won't turn on - Apple Support

Else:

If needed: You might want to reach out to the Apple Watch Support Team.

There is a "Get Support" link (scroll to the very bottom) on their webpage (link below)

Apple Watch - Official Apple Support

All the best :-)

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 7, 2023 8:19 PM in response to dammyy

Hi, and welcome to the Apple (user-to-user) Community!

Re: Unlock Apple Watch SE from iPhone 11: The touch screen on the Apple Watch SE is not responding to touch.

Guide me to activate the passcode from the phone in order to unlock the watch.

We do not know which WatchOS version is installed on the Watch SE in order to help:

See Apple support's article below, and choose the correct WatchOS version at the top (of article) for accurate info:

How to: Unlock your iPhone with Apple Watch - Apple Support

To pair a watch to an iPhone with iOS 16, the watch needs WatchOS 9 installed in order to be compatible:

Eg: How to: Update your Apple Watch - Apple Support (eg: You can likely update Watch with iPhone if needed.)

Trouble-shooting: "The touch screen on the Apple Watch SE is not responding to touch".

Wondering what was happening with the Watch when it stopped responding .... using an app / updating / etc

Eg: How to: Restart your Apple Watch - Apple Support

or

If the Watch is stuck on the Apple logo:

Apple Watch stuck on logo - Apple Support

or

What to do: If your Apple Watch won't charge or it won't turn on - Apple Support

Else:

If needed: You might want to reach out to the Apple Watch Support Team.

There is a "Get Support" link (scroll to the very bottom) on their webpage (link below)

Apple Watch - Official Apple Support

All the best :-)

Unlock Apple Watch SE from iPhone 11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.