You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need to get 4TB of iCloud storage

I have one Apple ID with 2TB of storage that is almost full (family sharing) Let's call that Account A. I have another Apple ID with an Apple One Premier account with 2TB of storage that is empty, which we'll call Account B. My goal is to have one Apple ID with 4TB.

I believe that if I cancel Apple One Premier from Account B and buy it with Account A, Apple will cancel my iCloud storage on Account A and replace it with the 2TB from the new Apple One Premier.

Could I then purchase 2TB iCloud with Account B and then apply that storage to Account A with the result that Account A will have 4TB and Account B will have just the base plan?

Subscriptions are currently being purchased with Account B. I am not sure if I need to start using Account A for subscription purchases.

Thank you for your help.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Sep 4, 2023 8:36 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2023 8:52 AM

Jerry Zurek wrote:

I believe that if I cancel Apple One Premier from Account B and buy it with Account A, Apple will cancel my iCloud storage on Account A and replace it with the 2TB from the new Apple One Premier.

When subscribing to Apple One, it will retain the existing 2TB during the Free Trial.

click here ➜ What happens to your iCloud storage when you sign up for Apple One - Apple Support

But you are then free to re-purchase 2TB with Account A, to add to the 2TB from the Apple One subscription for a total of 4TB.

If you need more iCloud storage

After you subscribe to Apple One, you can buy more iCloud storage if you need more. With both Apple One and an iCloud+ plan, you can have up to 4TB of total iCloud storage.

Could I then purchase 2TB iCloud with Account B and then apply that storage to Account A with the result that Account A will have 4TB and Account B will have just the base plan?

No. You cannot merge storage plans from different Apple IDs.

Subscriptions are currently being purchased with Account B. I am not sure if I need to start using Account A for subscription purchases.

Thank you for your help.

That's up to you. Not sure why you have 2 accounts to begin with.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 4, 2023 8:52 AM in response to Jerry Zurek

Jerry Zurek wrote:

When subscribing to Apple One, it will retain the existing 2TB during the Free Trial.

click here ➜ What happens to your iCloud storage when you sign up for Apple One - Apple Support

But you are then free to re-purchase 2TB with Account A, to add to the 2TB from the Apple One subscription for a total of 4TB.

If you need more iCloud storage

After you subscribe to Apple One, you can buy more iCloud storage if you need more. With both Apple One and an iCloud+ plan, you can have up to 4TB of total iCloud storage.

No. You cannot merge storage plans from different Apple IDs.

Thank you for your help.

That's up to you. Not sure why you have 2 accounts to begin with.

Need to get 4TB of iCloud storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.