You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS16.6 Notes app - *STILL* paste adds extra blank lines

I have no idea why this behavior still exists: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/253601017

I copy and paste text regularly in notes and there are new lines added before and after any text. Please fix this. It's been years. What is the benefit? This applies to any iOS device that I or anyone else I know owns and we're all extremely frustrated with it. Also, once I deselected iOS for Education, I could no longer choose that category which I assume means this won't get priority. Now it's just iPad. Please help.

Posted on Aug 18, 2023 7:53 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 1, 2023 10:59 PM

Looking at the responses here, I feel for you. This copy paste issue is a ridiculous and unnecessary waste of time. Apple already know about it.

6 replies

Aug 19, 2023 3:35 PM in response to ASTRO24

Sorry,

This is absurd advice. I need to paste from one note to another in your first-party notes app. This has been a known problem for years. I am up-to-date on my software and have been an Apple user and IT support person for decades. I finally decided to ask about this and got basic support.

I use the iOS tap and select functionality to select the anything from a word to a paragraph and it adds a newline before and after the selection. Please provide me with a reason why this happens or a way to avoid it.

0Cark

Aug 19, 2023 3:30 PM in response to carlskipper

Hi carlskipper,

Thanks for posting in Apple Support Communities.

We understand that when you paste into the Notes app that you see new lines before and after text. Try copying from a different source. If you're using Universal Clipboard to copy from a different device, try copying directly from a source on your iPad.

Make sure you're using the most recent software version for your iPad in Settings > General > About. Contact Apple Support to check into the behavior if it continues.

Get Support

Regards.

iOS16.6 Notes app - *STILL* paste adds extra blank lines

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.