You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

2 questions related to charging devices from my Mac

Question 1: Right now, I am feeling like I like to charge my devices from my Mac. When I plug it in, I sometimes saw the battery decreasing. For example, if my phone is at 10% and I plug it in, after a few minutes, it will decrease and will turn to 9%. This looks like when using a phone on battery, and it could be a glitch.

Question 2: Why does a Mac charge devices so slowly even though it is big? Is it because there's not enough power to charge the battery? Please answer these questions.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 13.4

Posted on Aug 15, 2023 5:39 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 16, 2023 2:32 AM

1. Charge the devices separately with the charges supplied for each. Allow the battery circuitry to manage the process. That's what it's for and no human will weever do as good a job
  2. Size is not related necessarily to rated wattage. A larger size gives greater surface area to dissipate heat generated in the process.

Why type questions are difficult to answer. "Why" is the domain of the Apple developers and the R&D department.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 16, 2023 2:32 AM in response to Community User

1. Charge the devices separately with the charges supplied for each. Allow the battery circuitry to manage the process. That's what it's for and no human will weever do as good a job
  2. Size is not related necessarily to rated wattage. A larger size gives greater surface area to dissipate heat generated in the process.

Why type questions are difficult to answer. "Why" is the domain of the Apple developers and the R&D department.

2 questions related to charging devices from my Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.