You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Overpayment to AppleCard

I got 2 new 0% APR credit cards for the use of transferring my balances. I requested a payment to my Apple Card, but it told me I needed to wait 15 days before I can request a balance transfer so I used the other card to pay half of my Apple Card balance. Two weeks later, I realized the first credit card payment request actually went through, which left me with a whopping ~$4,500 credit balance on my Apple Card. Apple is refusing to refund me the money. Has this every happened to anyone? I am in full panic mode as I can’t afford to owe yet another 4500! I’m trying to pay off my credit cards! Apple has not been helpful at all.

Posted on Aug 10, 2023 8:02 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2023 8:17 AM

Goldman Sachs is within their rights to wait 30 days to refund the overpayment.

Why? Your financial institution has 30 days to request a return of funds from Goldman Sachs and they must comply. These are ACH transfer federal regulations.

After 30 days call or write Goldman Sachs and request an overpayment refund check. They will not do a transfer of a refund check.

CONTACTING — Goldman Sachs Bank 

• Call toll-free at 877-255-5923; or

• Write to: Goldman Sachs Bank, Lockbox 6112, P.O. Box 7247, Philadelphia, PA 19170-6112.

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 10, 2023 8:17 AM in response to cookita

Goldman Sachs is within their rights to wait 30 days to refund the overpayment.

Why? Your financial institution has 30 days to request a return of funds from Goldman Sachs and they must comply. These are ACH transfer federal regulations.

After 30 days call or write Goldman Sachs and request an overpayment refund check. They will not do a transfer of a refund check.

CONTACTING — Goldman Sachs Bank 

• Call toll-free at 877-255-5923; or

• Write to: Goldman Sachs Bank, Lockbox 6112, P.O. Box 7247, Philadelphia, PA 19170-6112.

Aug 10, 2023 8:15 AM in response to Jeff Donald

I called them as soon as I realized what had happened. A week or so? Does that matter? If so, how? Also, to add, the agent I first spoke to told me that I would be refunded within 10 days or so. After a few weeks, I hadn’t received anything, so I called back. The first agent didn’t know what was going on so I just hung up and called the next day. The next call I placed, the young lady explained that they had to submit a request, which gets investigated, and then a determination will be made. This was extremely frustrating because at this point I had spent about an hour talking to people about this and weeks had gone by with no word. Had I not called them, I would’ve never known there was a determination that had already been made, which was a denial. The girl explains everything to me, and I’m so frustrated that I just told her to close my account. “Your funds are there for you to use”. NO! I don’t want to use the funds, I am trying to pay my card off! So frustrating!

Aug 10, 2023 8:30 AM in response to cookita

That would probably get your Apple Card account closed and you might be permanently blacklisted. What I’m saying is wait 30 days and then call GS and request a check for the amount of the overpayment. That will preserve your account. Closed accounts may negatively affect your credit score for 7 years, but the impact diminishes over time. It just depends what your goals are overall. If you’re planning on a mortgage or car loan/lease within 12 months a closed account is not a good thing on your report.

Aug 10, 2023 9:10 AM in response to Jeff Donald

This is good info. I definitely don’t want to be blacklisted or anything, and it would’ve helped in the agent said, “Wait 30 days….(and explained what you just did)” and I would’ve been fine with that. But to basically tell me I’m out $4,500 is not okay. I will call them once more today to ask them about this. Also, the thirty days is on the 13th so it’s not much longer. Thank you SO much.

Overpayment to AppleCard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.