You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

unwanted tapbacks in facetime

Thumbs ups and thumbs downs appear on my FaceTime screen during calls. I'm not doing anything to cause them, nor is the other party. How do I get rid of them?

iMac (M1, 2021)

Posted on Aug 9, 2023 2:01 PM

1 reply

Aug 10, 2023 11:29 AM in response to hookalakeh

Hello hookalakeh,

Thanks for choosing the Apple Support Communities. We understand you are seeing unwanted Tapbacks using Facetime on your Mac. We have a few steps that may help you resolve this.

1. Make sure your Mac is fully up to date: Update macOS on Mac - Apple Support
  2. If your Mac is fully up to date, restart your Mac: Shut down or restart your Mac - Apple Support
  3. If restarting doesn't help, test in safe mode to rule out third-party apps as the cause: Use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support
  4. Test in a test user to see if the issue persists: Change Users & Groups settings on Mac - Apple Support

If issues persist beyond these steps, please contact Apple Support: Get Support

We hope this helps.

Cheers!

unwanted tapbacks in facetime

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.