You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I call my mom it goes straight to voicemail. But can call me

When I try to call my mom it goes straight to voicemail. But she can call me

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Jul 31, 2023 7:36 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2023 8:08 PM

It's her phone settings. (if not consistent, then it could be cell service issues-- overloaded --weak signal--)

Be aware that it just might be on purpose --- some people actually prefer to return calls that have left messages and turn off the phone as an easy way to handle/control the phone.

If you have ever been plagued by calls, texts, politicians, charities, assorted whatevers of dubious acceptability all hours of the day and night --- and tried to contain it the ever changing IOS settings ---- then you can understand that approach.

You could also offer tech assistance in her settings, **if** she is comfortable with that.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 31, 2023 8:08 PM in response to sabra258

It's her phone settings. (if not consistent, then it could be cell service issues-- overloaded --weak signal--)

Be aware that it just might be on purpose --- some people actually prefer to return calls that have left messages and turn off the phone as an easy way to handle/control the phone.

If you have ever been plagued by calls, texts, politicians, charities, assorted whatevers of dubious acceptability all hours of the day and night --- and tried to contain it the ever changing IOS settings ---- then you can understand that approach.

You could also offer tech assistance in her settings, **if** she is comfortable with that.

When I call my mom it goes straight to voicemail. But can call me

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.