You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

SMS Green text question.

My most recent texts are showing as Green SMS texts, but they aren’t

showing “sent as text message” under the green bubbles. Does this mean they weren’t delivered?

Linda's iPhone

Posted on Jul 28, 2023 12:05 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 28, 2023 3:12 PM

Hello RedLex!

To my knowledge, "Sent as Text Message" only appears when the message could've been sent via iMessage OR if you forcibly send a text message instead of using iMessage. An example would be texting an Android / Pixel (🤮) user. You can never send iMessages to them and, therefore, should not get this prompt (at least I never do).

However, when iMessage can't be delivered to another iPhone and you tap the Send as Text Message that message should appear.

What is the difference between iMessage and SMS/MMS? - Apple Support

I hope this helps!

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 28, 2023 3:12 PM in response to RedLex

Hello RedLex!

To my knowledge, "Sent as Text Message" only appears when the message could've been sent via iMessage OR if you forcibly send a text message instead of using iMessage. An example would be texting an Android / Pixel (🤮) user. You can never send iMessages to them and, therefore, should not get this prompt (at least I never do).

However, when iMessage can't be delivered to another iPhone and you tap the Send as Text Message that message should appear.

What is the difference between iMessage and SMS/MMS? - Apple Support

I hope this helps!

SMS Green text question.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.