You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HELP with resetting watch to use on another IPHONE

I have receipt for the watch I bought my Dad last year. He passed away, I now want to use the watch with my IPHONE. I have no idea what his Apple ID or password is. How do I proceed?

iPhone 14, iOS 16

Posted on Jul 27, 2023 8:50 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2023 10:28 AM

Very sorry for your loss.

This article addresses what you'll need to do in order to recover his Apple ID: How to request access to a deceased family member's Apple account - Apple Support

I hope this helps.

3 replies

Aug 31, 2023 6:13 PM in response to MacMikeInOK

I recovered my Dad's Apple ID and changed the password. On the Iphone watch, it is asking me for his icloud user name and password. I have no idea what it is. He set it up just before he passed away. I bought this for him, so I have the receipt, death certificate and will.....not sure what to do....I just want to wipe the watch out so I can attach it to my iphone.....any suggestions?

HELP with resetting watch to use on another IPHONE

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.