You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Continuous McAfee Security Alerts!

I keep getting security alerts every few seconds! I DO NOT have McAfee installed on my computer or any subscription with them. I saw that someone else here has the same issue and I followed suggestions given to them such as opening Safari settings/websites and blocking that site but McAfee is not on the list. My Mac is up to date on software and I have run security scans with Norton and nothing bad shows on the reports. When I open one of these alerts, the first screen states my computer is at risk (below). If I click outside of that alert box the next screen shows and states that I am protected. I tried clicking on the settings and help buttons on that page and nothing happens. How do I stop this?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 13.5

Posted on Jul 26, 2023 5:23 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2023 5:27 PM

Open Safari > Settings… > Websites > Notifications. Empty the list.

2 replies

Continuous McAfee Security Alerts!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.