You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

like to connect my MacBook Pro m2 to iMac 27" late 2015 as a display

Unable to connect MacBook Pro M2 to iMac ( 27" late 2015) as a display.

Brought these two bowl linked cable as suggested

Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter - Apple (IN)

Apple Thunderbolt Cable (2m) - White - Apple (IN)

but unable to connect as monitor with command-F2

iMac 27″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Jul 13, 2023 9:10 PM

6 replies

May 13, 2024 6:46 AM in response to rodalyn0407

rodalyn0407 wrote:

Hi Vimal, I would like to ask if you can find a solution to your question. I have my Macbook Pro M2 too and iMac 27" late 2015. I bought a USB-C to Mini Display Port. Cable Thunderbolt 3, but unable to connect as monitor with command-F2. Thank you.

Sorry that will not work, because those Mac's do not support Target Display Mode.

carefully read > Use your iMac as a display with target display mode - Apple Support

May 13, 2024 9:16 PM in response to TheB2010

TheB2010 wrote:

You can only use older iMacs (2012 and before) with the technique you are trying

If you're referring to Target Display Mode, the last iMacs to have that were the mid 2014 ones (not 2012 ones). Not that this helps the OP. Target Display Mode went away when the first 27" 5K Retina iMac came out in Late 2014, a year before the OP's 27" 5K Retina iMac did. Even when iMacs got Thunderbolt 3 in 2017, TDM did not return.

like to connect my MacBook Pro m2 to iMac 27" late 2015 as a display

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.