You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Converting music files from Steam specifically WAV and FLAC files to AIFF

I’m able to convert the files but when they get added to the Apple music app it doesn’t put them together in the same album, they’re out of order and The song information is missing as well as the cover art even though I can see the cover art on the original file.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 9, 2023 3:53 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2023 11:20 AM

Enjoyer,

Checking over at the Steam community, I found this:

"If you're like me and want properly edited (ID3) tags for every music file, you need to edit the soundtrack with windows or your favourite media software (like VLC), because the default .ogg files from the game have no such data stored."

Assuming that info is correct, the conversion process itself will not supply tags or artwork. After you have done the conversion, and the AIFF (or other) files are in your iTunes/Music library, you can edit each one by right-click > Get Info and going into the Details tab and the Artwork tab.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 10, 2023 11:20 AM in response to Musicenjoyer

Enjoyer,

Checking over at the Steam community, I found this:

"If you're like me and want properly edited (ID3) tags for every music file, you need to edit the soundtrack with windows or your favourite media software (like VLC), because the default .ogg files from the game have no such data stored."

Assuming that info is correct, the conversion process itself will not supply tags or artwork. After you have done the conversion, and the AIFF (or other) files are in your iTunes/Music library, you can edit each one by right-click > Get Info and going into the Details tab and the Artwork tab.

Jul 10, 2023 7:22 PM in response to Musicenjoyer

Thank you both for replying to my post. I wasn’t able to convert some of my songs through the music app so I had to buy some software which did the trick for the majority of my issues. Yes, Ed234 I had to change quite a lot of the information that way but it turned out perfectly and now I have my songs on every device I own. bbesspete, luckily I was able to drag some of the artwork off of MP3 files that had the album art on it to my home screen and assign it to the FLAC to AIFF converted file after putting it in Apple Music and some of the other albums had a convenient JPEG of the album art. Thank you both again for taking the time to research and reply to me, it means a lot.

Converting music files from Steam specifically WAV and FLAC files to AIFF

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.