You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can we remove supplemental fonts folder from Ventura?

I need to remove the supplemental fonts folder from the system in Ventura (causes errors with Adobe Fonts and Google Fonts). Is there a way to do this?

iMac (2017 – 2020)

Posted on Jul 4, 2023 9:03 AM

7 replies

Nov 24, 2023 12:23 PM in response to Kurt Lang

This is yet another decision that negatively affects my experience as a user of the MacOS. I bought an M1 rather than and M2 so that I could run Monterey and avoid Apple's increasingly inept UI decisions.

I just took a look at what the list of available fonts looks like in Affinity Publisher using Ventura. It's infuriating. I guess all we can hope for is that Affinity and other developers will find ways to hide the crud.

It makes me miss OS 8 and the days of Adobe Type Manager and Type Reunion.

Nov 25, 2023 12:18 PM in response to kahjot

Yes, in a slightly roundabout way.

I'm testing in the latest version of Affinity Designer (the only title of theirs I use), but I would imagine they'll all be the same.

Choose the type tool. At first all you see at the top left are the font name, point size, etc. As soon as you click the font list drop down menu, you'll see four choices at the top of the list: All, Recent, Used, Favorites.

While the full list is open, click on the heart icon for each font you want to be in your preferred set of the fonts. Once you've marked them, click the Favorites tab. Your list will now only be as long as the fonts you tagged.

Nov 25, 2023 3:52 PM in response to Kurt Lang

Yeah, thanks. That "Favorites" option was the workaround I saw at Affinity. I will have to give it a try. I will also have to find a font manager I can live with, for the OS versions that don't work with FontExplorer X Pro. I've used that or Suitcase for ages, and I am thankful for my older Macs and OSes that can still use them. FontExplorer X runs in Monterey, but I can't see a way to disable all of the system/supplemental fonts I'd like to deactivate. I like the interface of either much better than the UI of Typeface or RightFont. Not sure yet if Font Agent Pro can display info more in the manner of the older apps.

Can we remove supplemental fonts folder from Ventura?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.