You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple watch slow and unresponsive

Anyone having the same issue? The watch no longer recognises activities that I’m doing and will sometimes randomly start tracking my activity as a workout when I’m sitting.

Apple Watch Series 8, watchOS 9

Posted on Jun 26, 2023 10:42 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2023 12:49 PM

Is erasing the watch really the best solution? What happens to all my fitness records and all the smart Apple machine learning stuff my watch has built up over the last two years? I want to address my issues (similar to what sarabently11 was facing) but don't want to give up all my usage history... or is that really all that important to begin with?

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 31, 2023 12:49 PM in response to AdvisorMP

Is erasing the watch really the best solution? What happens to all my fitness records and all the smart Apple machine learning stuff my watch has built up over the last two years? I want to address my issues (similar to what sarabently11 was facing) but don't want to give up all my usage history... or is that really all that important to begin with?

Jun 27, 2023 4:34 PM in response to SaraBentley111

Thanks for reaching out SaraBentley111,

It sounds like you're having some trouble with the performance of your Apple Watch. We can help.

A good place to start is with charging your Apple Watch fully, and then Unpair and erase your Apple Watch. Then pair it with your iPhone again, using this article as a guide: Set up and pair your Apple Watch with iPhone.

If the issue persists after that, you can connect with Apple directly using either Get Support or if you're in a region without direct support options, you can also Contact Apple for support and service.

Hope that helps.

Take care.

Apple watch slow and unresponsive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.