You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Silence unknown callers" not working

I have "Silence unknown callers" turned on. When I am using another device at the same time, the calls still come through on the other device. THIS IS A BUG.

There is no way (apparently) of telling my Mac or my iPad to reject unknown callers. WHY??

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 13.4

Posted on Jun 26, 2023 7:52 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 26, 2023 8:40 AM

My knowledge says: The "Silence unknown callers" setting is not currently synchronized across all devices in the iCloud account. It is a device-specific setting, meaning that enabling it on one device does not automatically enable it on other devices.

Apple Inc says; "We read all feedback carefully, but we are unable to respond to each submission individually."

Here is how for iPhone · Country or region* Select your country or region. · Feedback Type* Select feedback type. · Comments* Enter a comment.

Feedback - iPhone - Apple

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 26, 2023 8:40 AM in response to SteveShapiro

My knowledge says: The "Silence unknown callers" setting is not currently synchronized across all devices in the iCloud account. It is a device-specific setting, meaning that enabling it on one device does not automatically enable it on other devices.

Apple Inc says; "We read all feedback carefully, but we are unable to respond to each submission individually."

Here is how for iPhone · Country or region* Select your country or region. · Feedback Type* Select feedback type. · Comments* Enter a comment.

Feedback - iPhone - Apple

"Silence unknown callers" not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.