You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Update to Mac OS 13.4.1 fails

Hi, I just received the usual "we have an update to 13.4.1 to install" type message. I clicked to restart now to install it. Note, I am currently on 13.4.0. It starts the black screen with apple icon and message that computer will restart in a minute or so message. Then a minute or so later I get the following screen shot:

I chose Update. Again it tries to run the update, black screen Apple icon etc. Then I get this SS:

I select Start Up disk and then get this SS:

I unencrypted my main HD with my password and the system boots back up into my normal environment. Other notes, I have an external monitor attached and a j5 create dock for external HDMI, C, & USB ports attached. Alway have this config when updating OS.

Other details: MacBook Pro 2019 / Ventura 13.4/ 2.8GHz Quad Core Intel Core i7/ 16GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3/ Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655 1536 MB

Any ideas what's wrong? Corrupted download or?

Thanks in advance,

wineflight

MacBook Pro (2017 – 2020)

Posted on Jun 22, 2023 3:31 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 22, 2023 3:48 AM

Have just performed the 13.4.1 update on an M1 Mac Mini with only a HDMI cabled Directly to External Display

No Docks or External Drives connected by any means ( Dock or Hub involved )

Went through without any hitches or error messages

So suggesting Disconnect un-needed external and try installing from Safe Mode

If an error occurred while updating or installing macOS - Apple Support

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 22, 2023 3:48 AM in response to wineflight

Have just performed the 13.4.1 update on an M1 Mac Mini with only a HDMI cabled Directly to External Display

No Docks or External Drives connected by any means ( Dock or Hub involved )

Went through without any hitches or error messages

So suggesting Disconnect un-needed external and try installing from Safe Mode

If an error occurred while updating or installing macOS - Apple Support

Update to Mac OS 13.4.1 fails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.